As we dive into 2012, like you, the Massachusetts Educational Foundation is in the process of lining up our events for the year, including fundraising efforts, awareness generating campaigns and of course reviewing and selecting our scholarship recipients. We’re all about supporting women in career transition, and ironically we’ve gone through a major transition ourselves with a name change and a vision to expand our reach to all of Massachusetts.
This is a large undertaking for a small all-volunteer board and a few helpful committees. So we’d appreciate your support by spreading the word about the Foundation, following and “liking” us on Facebook (link to ), attending fundraising events, inviting eligible candidates to apply for our scholarships, and including our cause in your giving strategy for the year.
Statistics show that businesses who give back and have a deliberate philanthropic strategy, find that the benefits far exceed the time and energy they put into it.
- By demonstrating the values a business has, it draws in customers with the same values and sets the business apart from the competition.
- Increasing visibility in the community (through PR), is a win/win situation, not just for the business but for the cause, too.
- Employees feel good about making a difference and working for a company that cares.
- Putting a strategy in place, efforts are focused and can have measurable results.
The Massachusetts Educational Foundation may align with your company’s strategy if:
- The target audience for your business is primarily women (but not limited to)
- Your business has an educational component
- You have been through a career transition yourself and wish there was a scholarship available when you needed it (relating your own story to your customers can have an incredible impact on your brand!)
We’re happy to discuss if there’s a win/win that makes sense for the Foundation and your business. Feel free to contact us today. (link to )
And be on the lookout for upcoming news, fundraising opportunities and events:
- Scholarship applications available March 1, 2012, eligibility requirements on our web site: http://www.massedfund.org/scholarships/
- Sponsoring the SSWBN April breakfast – speaker to be announced
- Scholarships awarded at SSWBN Celebration
- Raffles, shopping events and more!